Health-Fit utilizes Kinesio® Taping for two main reasons in the clinic:
- It is a treatment in between treatments. Since patients aren’t seen every day, the taping will provide therapy while the patient is at work and during activities of daily living.
- Taping for specific sporting events and games. The doctors at Health-Fit have taped many runners, triathletes, NFL players and other athletes for competition with great results.
Cornerstones of the Kinesio® Taping Method
- Taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support or to prevent over contraction
- Applying stretch to the tape or to the target area in order to create space under the skin and create the desired effect on the musculature
- Affecting change in deeper layers of fascia by manipulating the skin and muscle
- Creating space underneath the skin to improve circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Utilizing a number of corrective techniques to promote correct muscle and joint function
- Pain relief by targeting the pain and the source of the pain
- Utilizing single “I” strips or modifications in the shape of an “X,” “Y” or other specialized shapes
- Applying base of tape with no tension to create pull towards the base