Graston Technique® is an interdisciplinary treatment used by more than 6,500 clinicians worldwide—including athletic trainers, chiropractors, hand therapists, occupational and physical therapists. GT is utilized at some 700 out-patient facilities and industrial on-sites, by more than 120 professional and amateur sports organizations, and is part of the curriculum at 29 respected colleges and universities.
The Graston Technique®, originally developed by athletes, is changing the way clinicians — including athletic trainers, chiropractors, physical therapists, occupational therapists — and patients view treatment of acute and chronic soft tissue injuries.
Graston Technique® is an innovative, patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively break down scar tissue and fascial restrictions. The Technique utilizes specially designed stainless steel instruments to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation. Only physicians, therapists and athletic trainers trained & certified in Graston Technique can perform these protocols.
Dr. Christie utilizing Graston®
Technique on a NFL Combine player
Graston Technique® offers many advantages and benefits.
For the clinician:
- Provides improved diagnostic treatment
- Detects major and minor fibrotic changes
- Reduces manual stress; provides hand and joint conservation
- Increases patient satisfaction by achieving notably better outcomes
For the patient:
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent