#066: How Your Hip Flexors Are The Root of All Evil
Tight hip flexors are a leading cause of low back pain and other conditions. In this episode we discuss the hip flexors and how you can avoid pain. Below is a great stretch for you to perform.
Triplanar Hip Flexor Stretch
- Begin standing in a “lunge” position with one leg back until a stretch is felt in your hip.
- Lunge forward to increase the stretch in your hip. Hold this position for two or three seconds and return to neutral.
- Slowly lunge forward 10 times, each time increasing the stretch.
- Perform 10 additional repetitions of increased stretch by rotating your body away from your back leg.
- Perform a final set of 10 repetitions of increased stretch by raising your arm on the same side and rotating your body away while performing lunges.